Adobe Acrobat DC 2020
Acrobat 2020 is the latest version of Acrobat with a perpetual license. This is a complete desktop solution for working with PDF documents. Acrobat 2020 simplifies everyday PDF tasks and includes many productivity improvements for working with PDFs on your desktop.
You can work with Acrobat 2020 exclusively on desktop or purchase an Acrobat DC membership to take advantage of the additional capabilities made possible by the new Adobe Document Cloud services.
Create, edit and sign PDF documents with confidence
- Create PDF files
- Edit or export PDFs
- Sign PDF
- Windows only
New features in Acrobat 2020:
New home page view
The new Home view helps you stay organized and productive - a central place to organize, manage and search for all your PDF files.
- Recent Files List: Displays your recently opened files viewed from your computer, Document Cloud storage, or third-party storage such as OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, and SharePoint.
- Recommended Tools: Helps you find the best Acrobat tools like Edit PDF, Create PDF, Merge PDF Files, and many more.
- Search box: Search all your Document Cloud files and the files sent for viewing, reviewing, or signing.
- Context Pane: Allows you to take actions on files in all home screens with contextual menus, as well as view participant status and action history for shared documents.
View MIP-protected PDF files in Acrobat 2020 and Reader 2020
You can now use Adobe Acrobat 2020 and Acrobat Reader 2020 Windows and Mac desktop applications to open files protected with Microsoft Information Protection (MIP) solutions, including Azure Information Protection (AIP) and Information Protection with Office 365.
Acrobat 2020 and Acrobat Reader 2020 will automatically detect a MIP-protected file and prompt you to download the appropriate plugin from the help page. Once you have downloaded and installed the plug-in, the protected files can be opened in Acrobat or Reader like any other PDF file.
Color Matching Feature in Fill & Sign Tool
You can now use the Fill & Sign tool in Acrobat 2020 to select the desired color to fill in the PDF form and then sign it. To change the color, click the Color button on the Fill & Sign toolbar.
By default, the signature color is black. To keep the default color, clear the Keep original color for signatures check box.
Perform OCR on scanned documents with Live Text
Acrobat 2020 can now perform OCR on scanned PDF files that contain Live Text images.
- Open the scanned PDF file in Acrobat 2020.
- Choose Tools > Enhance Scans > Recognize Text > In This File.
- On the toolbar, click Settings. The Recognize Text dialog box appears.
- From the Output drop-down list, select Searchable Image or Searchable Image (exact) and click OK.
- Click Recognize Text on the toolbar.
Improved user experience with DirectInk
The improved pen tool with DirectInk technology allows you to write and draw directly on the document with even greater ease and precision, without selecting a tool.
Sign PDF files with DirectInk
New DirectInk support in the Certificates app signature field provides a more natural experience and gives you more control over how your signature looks when signing on Windows 10 devices.
- Processor with at least 1.5 GHz
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit), 2012 R2 (64-bit)†, 2016 (64-bit), or 2019 (64-bit); Windows 8, 8.1 (32 and 64-bit)† or Windows 10 (32 and 64-bit)
- 2GB RAM
- 4.5 GB free hard disk space
- 1024 x 768px screen resolution
- Internet Explorer 11; Firefox (ESR); or Chrome
- Graphics hardware acceleration (optional)
- The software will not work without activation. Internet connection and registration are required to activate an Adobe product, validate subscriptions, and access online services.* Phone activation is not available.
† With Windows update 2919355 installed.
The Acrobat 2020 desktop application is available in the following languages:
(click image to enlarge)
†Available for Windows only.